Bobby Vosmaer: Founder and President of North Stars Football Club. Over 40 years of coaching experiences across all levels of youth, high school and collegiate soccer. Bobby is a former Dutch football player. During his career he played for Haarlem, AZ’69 and MVV . In 1975 he played international matches for the Dutch National Team and enjoyed competing with Jonah Cruyff . Bobby resumed his football career in North America two years later in the North American Soccer League as well as the Major Indoor Soccer League. North American Teams included: Philadelphia Fury, Montreal Manic, Chicago Sting and Pittsburgh Spirit. As he entered professional player retirement, Bobby initially became a trainer then professional manager, but is love for the game called him back to the sidelines.
Bobby founded North Stars in 1994 and enjoyed success at many levels including the 2009 u-17 National Championship. Most recently, Bobby has served as the North Allegheny’s Boys Soccer Varsity Coach since 2005. Taking over for storied North Allegheny soccer coach Bruno Schwarz in 2005, Vosmaer was faced with the task of returning the Tigers program to glory. Under Vosmaer, the Tigers have reached the post-season 9 out of 12 years and are currently riding a streak of seven consecutive playoff appearances. The 2016 campaign became one for the ages as North Allegheny’s propensity for late-game heroics vaulted the Tigers to a 17-3-5 season and a WPIAL title, the first for the program since 1999. For his hard work and dedication, Vosmaer was named the WPIAL Class AAAA Coach of the Year.
Bobby earned his National A Coaching License.
Western Pennsylvania Player, originated with the Mon Valley Vultures Cup Soccer Club and Keith Harmon. Four Year Varsity Letterman for Ringgold High School in Western PA (1995-1999). In 1997 played in the Como Cup, Italy then moved on to play collegially. 4 year starter for the Washington and Jefferson Presidents (1999-2003) and as Freshman awarded All-PAC Second Team. 2000-2003 earn ALL PAC First Team Honors as well as team Captain.
Mat is the Boy’s Varsity Head Coach at Aquinas Academy (Single A HS Program). Also, a High School Counselor for the past 17 years and is well versed in the NCAA recruiting process as well as the NCAA Eligibility Center for potential player clearance. Mat currently holds a National D Coaching License and is working towards the National C Coaching License.
- USSF National F License
- Currently enrolled in D License class
- 2020- Present, North Stars Football Club
- 2019, Century North
- 2015-Present, Pine – Richland Boys D4 Soccer Coach
- 2014-2015, North Allegheny Youth Soccer Coach
- 1996-1998, Head Middle School Coach – Shaler Area School District
- 1993-1996, Head Coach – Pittsburgh Strikers
- 1990-1992, Community College of Allegheny College
- 1993-1995, Point Park University
- 1982-1990, Pittsburgh Strikers Soccer Club
- 1990 & 1991 Junior College State Champions
- Two years of playing for top 10 Junior College team in the Country
- Hampton Middle School (2014 – present)
- North Stars F.C. (2020 – Present)
- Century North, F.C. (2018-2020)
- Hampton Soccer Club
- Various age groups
- Playing Experience:
- North Allegheny High School
- All Section/WPIAL 1978
- WPIAL Champions 1978
- WPIAL Runner Up 1977
- Allegheny College
- Two-Time Captain 1981-82
- Youth Y
- E License
- D License
- President Hampton Soccer Club
- Board Member Hampton Soccer Club
- Secretary Hampton Soccer Club